EEA worked closely with DT Hi Load to develop an underground truck tray for Atlas Copco MT6020 trucks.
The tray was developed to be:
- 25% lighter weight than the OEM solution
- achieve a 12% increase in material volume transported
- provide better payload ejection and payload hangup than OEM
After two successful trials at a mine site in WA, the tray was proven to provide maximum payload to the end user, without overloading the truck.
EEA undertook the following engineering services as part of this job:
- Ground up conceptual design
- Integration of design on OEM chassis
- Full detailing of all parts
- Iterative FEA analysis of entire tray structure
- Trialling with mine-site and DT R&D team
- Development of some jigs and fixtures for planned production
More About EEA
Element Engineering Australia was founded in 2010 by Ayrton Sue primarily as a Mechanical Engineering Consultancy specializing in advanced structural analysis.
Today, EEA has Mechanical, Electronic and Software Engineering teams and services
Product Design is Our Speciality
EEA's specialty has become development of products from ground up, with our clients.
With boiler-making background we can undertake design through manufacture of mechanical structures. And with our electronic and software skills, we can build IoT Systems.
With the introduction of specialized electronics engineering and software development teams, EEA can develop mechanical products that are monitored and actuated by smart electronic and software systems.
EEA aim's to build smart mechanical systems to bring the products we work on to the forefront of their domains.
5 Carson Road
Malaga, Western Australia
+61 8 6262 1111